Visit VitalChek and follow the instructions on the site to order your birth or death certificate online.
An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit and debit cards are accepted. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing.
*Other internet vendors are not authorized by Whitman County Public Health and may charge additional fees without providing state-approved services. Neither Whitman County Public Health nor VitalChek have control over the services and fees other Internet vendors offer and charge, nor can we guarantee the confidentiality of any vital record data provided to vendors other than VitalChek.
Order By Mail
Prior to mailing application materials, you must complete a Death Certificate Order Form or Birth Certificate Order Form online. You will receive an email confirming your submission. Once you have submitted an online application, mail the following to 310 N Main St, Ste 108, Colfax, WA 99111 USA:
- Payment of $25 per certificate
- Photocopy of valid ID, if you were unable to attach a digital copy/image to application.
- If applicable and you were unable to attach a digital copy/image to application, photocopies of proper documents proving qualifying relationship. If originals are sent, they will be mailed back to you with your certificate.
- If payment is not received within 30 day of online application being submitted you will have to reapply
Order In Person
Visit one of our office locations during normal business hours and be prepared to do the following:
- Complete online Death Certificate Order Form or Birth Certificate Order Form in-office.
- Present a Valid ID.
- If applicable, present proper documents proving qualifying relationship.
- Provide payment of $25 per certificate.
Requests can generally be filled within 15 minutes.
If paying with a credit or debit card an additional fee of $2.50 will be applied
WCPH Pullman Office
8am - 5pm (Closed 12pm -1 pm)
1205 SE Professional Mall Blvd #203, Pullman, WA 99163
WCPH Colfax Office
8am - 5pm (Closed 12pm -1 pm)
310 N. Main Street Ste. 108, Colfax, WA 99111
Heirloom Birth Certificate
The Department of Health can help you order a Heirloom Birth Certificate.
Purchasing an Heirloom birth certificate helps to protect Washington's most valuable resource – children. More than half of the certificate's cost benefits the Children's Trust Fund of Washington.
The 8 1/2" x 11" certificate is a legal, official document signed by the Governor and the State Registrar. It includes the same information as a birth certificate.
The Department of Health can help you order an apostille.
An apostille is a document issued by Washington Secretary of State that verifies to a foreign government the official document – birth, death, marriage, divorce certificate, or single status letter – came from Washington state.
An apostille is a single page tri-lingual (English/French/Spanish) document with a black and white Washington state seal attached to the official document with a security corner.